Wednesday, March 10, 2010

New Growth



The first of the fruit tree blossoms have opened.  This is a blossom from the Independence Nectarine.  All of the trees are showing signs of growth.  You can see a list of trees I planted here.

Some of the seeds that I planted have begun to sprout.  This is a Brandywine Tomato.  Now I just hope I can keep them strong and growing.  You can see a list of all the seeds I started here.

Last year I planted some raspberry plants in one of the garden beds in the backyard.  I did not get any fruit last year but hope to this year.  They are an ever bearing variety which means that they will produce berries once in the spring and once again in the late summer.  I decided that the best way to manage the plants was to cut them all the way back to the ground while dormant.  This will only give me the late summer crop, but it should be a large one. The plants are growing vigorously.

5 comments:

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

I've never seen a Nectarine blossom. It's lovely! Thanks!

Gail said...

I've been looking at your earlier posts...and loved seeing the sod removed from your yard! gail

Ruth said...

I just found your blog on Blotanical. Your garden is SO neat and organized! :) And very pretty!

Dave said...

Thanks Ruth.

Kathy M said...

Your front yard farm is looking nice. Keep up the good work. I'll look forward to seeing the progress.